CHINA: Beijing Yanjing sees profits continue to climb
Beijing Yanjing Brewery has posted a leap in net profit for its third quarter.
The company, which is the last remaining major independent brewer in China, said yesterday (25 October) that unaudited net profit for the three months to the end of September increased by 36.6% year-on-year, reaching CNY192.71m (US$25.7m).
Sales totalled CNY2.61bn, up from CNY1.91bn in Q3 2006. In volume terms, sales were up 17% to 31.7m hectolitres.
For the first nine months of 2007, net profit at Yanjing rose to CNY386.2m from CNY295.5m, while sales were up to CNY6.39bn from CNY5.12bn.
Beijing Yanjing has been the subject of speculation linking it to InBev in the last 12 months. In September last year, the brewer moved to quash rumours that it had invited InBev to take a stake in the company.
Morgan Stanley has cut its rating on InBev from 'overweight' to 'equal-weight'....
InBev has confirmed that it is to up its presence in India, with the securing of a brewing deal in the south-western state of Karnataka....
InBev has confirmed that all production of its Hoegaarden wheat beer is set to return to its home brewery this summer....
Stuart McFarlane, the recently appointed president of InBev's UK & Ireland division, has said he sees himself remaining with the company for around two to three years before possibly moving on....
The president of InBev's UK & Ireland division, Stuart McFarlane, has revealed plans to develop the company's Stella Artois brand in the UK in an attempt to turn it into the "pioneering brand" in its ...
InBev has announced plans to launch a non-profit music venture in Scotland as a way for its Tennents lager brand to reach its target consumers....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
InBev has lined up yet more redundancies in the UK, this time at its brewery in Wales....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends