CHINA: Beijing Yanjing sees cross-the-board rises in '06
Beijing Yanjing Brewery has posted a strong rise in sales and profits for last year.
The brewer, which is the last remaining major independent brewer in China, said today (12 April) that sales for 2006 reached CNY6.1bn (US$789.5m), a 15% increase on the CNY5.3bn delivered a year earlier.
Net profit for the year was also up by 15%, coming in at CNY306.9m from CNY276.8m in 2005.
Beijing Yanjing has been the subject of speculation linking it to InBev in the last 12 months. In September last year, the brewer moved to quash rumours that it had invited InBev to take a stake in the company.
China, the world's largest beer market by volume, remains a key emerging market for multinational brewers keen to tap into burgeoning beer consumption in the country.
The earlier-than-expected departure of Tony Froggatt as CEO of brewing force S&N has set the City rumour-mill churning. The brewer insists the move is a planned succession but, Chris Brook-Carter writ...
Heineken and two other brewers have been sued for alleged price fixing by an industry group representing Dutch bars....
The United Breweries Group has declared it will not buy Mohan Meakin at its current price, according to reports....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has recruited a senior executive at InBev to head up its European group....
SABMiller has said that it expects the Chinese beer brand Snow, in which it owns a 49% share, to become the second biggest beer brand in the world this year....
SUN InBev has announced a new campaign of social advertising to help tackle drunk driving in Russia....
InBev has launched an on-trade promotion for the Beck's Vier brand in the UK aimed at tapping into the popularity of its Beck's Fusions music events....
InBev has unveiled a "revolutionary, cinematic" update of the global website for its Stella Artois brand....
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research