EUROPE: Comment - Interbrew: beers all round
The EU has approved Interbrew's acquisition of Beck's, deciding there are no competitive concerns. It's good news for Interbrew, which really didn't need a repeat of the Bass debacle. While the EU was concerned that Interbrew would own the top two premium beer brands in the UK, an unspecified amendment to the licensing agreement with S&N has placated the regulator. Now Interbrew is free to enjoy the benefits of a well-timed acquisition. Interbrew can breathe a sigh of relief. After a year of regulatory uncertainty concerning its Bass acquisition, it looked like the same thing was going to happen all over again. The Belgian beer giant's ambitious expansion plans are under constant review, but this time the EU is letting them through without a hitch.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- Coke Life - Coca-Cola's niche soda - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends