EUROPE: Comment - Interbrew: beers all round
The EU has approved Interbrew's acquisition of Beck's, deciding there are no competitive concerns. It's good news for Interbrew, which really didn't need a repeat of the Bass debacle. While the EU was concerned that Interbrew would own the top two premium beer brands in the UK, an unspecified amendment to the licensing agreement with S&N has placated the regulator. Now Interbrew is free to enjoy the benefits of a well-timed acquisition. Interbrew can breathe a sigh of relief. After a year of regulatory uncertainty concerning its Bass acquisition, it looked like the same thing was going to happen all over again. The Belgian beer giant's ambitious expansion plans are under constant review, but this time the EU is letting them through without a hitch.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015