EUROPE: Comment - Interbrew: beers all round
The EU has approved Interbrew's acquisition of Beck's, deciding there are no competitive concerns. It's good news for Interbrew, which really didn't need a repeat of the Bass debacle. While the EU was concerned that Interbrew would own the top two premium beer brands in the UK, an unspecified amendment to the licensing agreement with S&N has placated the regulator. Now Interbrew is free to enjoy the benefits of a well-timed acquisition. Interbrew can breathe a sigh of relief. After a year of regulatory uncertainty concerning its Bass acquisition, it looked like the same thing was going to happen all over again. The Belgian beer giant's ambitious expansion plans are under constant review, but this time the EU is letting them through without a hitch.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research