NZ: Beer, Wine and Spirit Council to close
New Zealand's Beer, Wine and Spirits Council looks set to close down at the end of the month after Lion Nathan decided to pull out of it.
According to a report in the New Zealand Herald today (1 December), DB and Lion would continue to co-operate generally on non-commercial issues. But the groups will have to look at replacing the council's functions internally.
The Council acted for the two big brewers on "non-commercial" issues, such as alcohol policy and responsible drinking, the paper noted.
Speaking to the Herald, Lion Nathan corporate affairs director Liz Read said the brewer felt it was better to leave the council and work directly with a wider range of players in the alcohol market, including retailers, so as to take a more collective approach to non- commercial issues. Relations with DB were still "good" despite the decision, Read said.
Wine production in the Northern Hemisphere remains dogged by over-production, but according to a recent report published by just-drinks, there is plenty of opportunity for innovative and consumer-awar...
Budweiser has announced it will be renewing its partnership with The Premier League, the UK's top flight football league, with the renewed deal commencing 1st June 2007....
The alcohol industry has reacted with disappointment at the failure of The World Health Assembly (WHA) to reach a consensus on a resolution on alcohol....
Systembolaget has posted a healthy start to the year so far....
Research published by the UK's Wine & Spirit Trade Association (WSTA) and Wine Intelligence suggests that lower alcohol wines are becoming more popular among UK consumers....
Vinmonopolet has posted a marked slip in alcohol sales for the month of April....
Anheuser-Busch has stopped making its drink Spykes due to its "limited volume potential and unfounded criticism"....
Bibendum has appointed an addition to its board of directors....
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Asahi loses Q1 sales overseas
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends