POLAND: Beer sales up by 8% in 2002
The Heineken-owned brewer, Zywiec Group, retained its position as market leader, recording total sales of 8.4m hls, while Kompania Piwowarska, part of SABMiller, was just behind with sales of 8.3m hls. Some way behind the two leading players is Carlsberg Okocim which sold 3.6m hls in 2002, on a par with 2001 volumes.
The performance of the sector as a whole in 2002 continues a period of sustained growth for the Polish beer market. According to the association, the sector has turned in growth of between 6% and 12% every year since 1993, while per capita annual consumption has risen from 30 litres in 1993 to 66 litres in 2002.
Danuta Gut of the Union of Polish Beer Industry Employers said changes to Poland's excise tax system, which have reduced excise for spirits, had not had a discernible effect on the country's major beer producers but have so far had only impacted on smaller, rural brewers.
Following its recent re-launch in the UK, SABMiller has introduced its Italian lager brand Peroni Nastro Azzurro to the Romanian market....
Heineken said yesterday that its Austrian subsidiary Brau Union AG has signed an agreement for the divestment of its Real Estate Division. This division comprises all non-business related real estate ...
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
Carlsberg cannot compete with some of the larger global brewers when it comes to earnings, according to the Danish company's CEO....
Carlsberg is looking to invest BGL20m (US$13.2m) in upgrading one of its breweries in Bulgaria....
Shareholders of Baltika Brewery have approved a rise in 2004 dividends....
Carlsberg Deutschland has acquired the beverage wholesale company Göttsche Getränke Group, which was majority-owned by Charly Willems. Göttsche Getränke Group is a beverage wholesale company in Northe...
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research