BULGARIA: Beer sales in 2003 on the climb
Beer sales in Bulgaria rose by 8% in 2003. Figures released on Saturday by the Union of Brewers in Bulgaria showed sales for last year hitting 430m litres.
Union officials credited the rise on the aggressive advertising campaign by local brewers and favourable weather conditions.
Beer consumption in Bulgaria has consistently risen since 1998, with the exception of 2002, when beer sales dropped by 8%. Consumption in Bulgaria is expected to reach 54 litres per capita this year.
Market share in the country was split thus: Zagorka brewery was up to 31% from 26% in 2002; Kamenitsa held 26%; Carlsberg reached 14%, while the sole fully Bulgarian-owned brewer on the domestic market, Bulbrew reported a 19% market share. Bolyarka brewery had 9% market share in 2003.
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg has entered into negotiations with the IBM Group regarding a possible outsourcing of the Danish brewer's IT services in Europe....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban