SLOVAKIA: Beer sales continue slide - figures
Beer sales in Slovakia slid last year, according to recent figures.
The country's Beer and Malt Producers' Association released data earlier this week, showing that Slovakia's breweries saw beer sales in 2006 fall by 4% on 2005, coming in at 3.8m hectolitres. Exports of beer from the country took a particular hammering, the association noted. Last year, exports were down to 36,200 hectolitres, against 118,400 hectolitres a year previous.
Speaking to local reporters, the association's managing director, Roman Sustak, pointed to a rise in licensed Slovak beer production abroad as the main reason for the export slide.
In September, Heineken closed its third brewery in the country, blaming a slowdown in the Slovak beer market. The brewer, which now only has one brewery in Slovakia, said the high tax on beer and the lower price of beer produced in neighbouring countries was hitting consumption.
Heineken has raised its forecast for organic net profit growth for the full-year....
Heineken has appointed a new managing director for its UK division....
SABMiller has announced that its wholly owned subsidiary SABSA Holdings has successfully priced a five-year ZAR1.6bn (US$229.4m) note issue in South Africa....
Heineken NV has appointed of Stefan Orlowski as group commerce director, effective 1 October 1, 2007...
SABMiller has confirmed its interest in potential acquisitions with Colombian spirit companies....
SABMiller has stayed silent over recent press speculation that it may acquire spirits distiller Industria Licorera de Caldas (ILC)....
Heineken-owned beer brand Amstel is to sponsor this year's Big Chill alternative music festival, which will take place from 3 to 5 August in the Malvern Hills, near Ledbury in Herefordshire....
Lehman Brothers has increased its target price on global brewer SABMiller. The investment bank raised the target to 1,500 pence from 1,230....
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets