CZECH: Beer production hits new high in H1 – figures
Beer production in the Czech Republic hit a record high in the first half of this year, according to recent figures.
The Czech Association of Beer and Malt Producers (CSPS) said yesterday (8 August) that beer production in the country hit 9.94m hectolitres in the first six months of 2007, representing a 4% lift on the corresponding period a year earlier.
The association credited the increase to the mild winters and the early start of spring experienced in many markets around the world.
Czech's largest brewer, Budejovicky Budvar, produced 611,500 hectolitres of beer in the period, the CSPS noted, an 11% lift on H1 2006.
The association has forecast that beer production for the full-year should break 20m hectolitres for the country's brewers, which would beat last year's total of 19.8m hectolitres.
Rising raw material costs have been a feature of numerous companies' results over the past few months. As Jessica Harvey writes, some companies have been able to bolster themselves against this trend ...
The Czech government has warned that the privatisation of state-owned brewer Budejovicky Budvar will not happen this term, according to local reports....
Budejovicky Budvar has posted a lift in annual production and exports....
Carlsberg has announced that it, too, will raise its beer prices in the coming months....
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Diageo readies "not quite as sincere" Scotch
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review