LATVIA: Beer market reaches 97 million litres
The Latvian beer market grew by 3.6% in 2001 to reach 97 million litres, according to data released by the country's Brewers' Association which accounts for 99.5% of the country's beer companies. However, the association considers that in spite of the small rise in volumes the market is more or less stagnant, blaming the government's unclear alcohol policy, competition and excise taxes.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Diageo Q1 sales dip "in line with expectations"
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"