ITALY: Beer consumption falls in tough climate
Italian beer consumption fell last year 4% to 29 litres per capita, according to figures from he Italian association of beer and malt industry Assobirra.
The association said that fall was in part due to unfavourable economic conditions, which meant people went out less.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- The European beer market - Focus
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Diageo reaches deal in Stitzel legal row
- Sazerac poaches ex-Diageo government director