CHILE: Beer and nectars drive CCU Q3
Compaña de Cervecerias Unidas (CCU) has reported a 9.3% rise in third quarter sales volumes, compared to the same period last year, to 9.2m hectolitres.
The Chilean drinks producer, part owned by Heineken, saw domestic sales jump by 10% on the corresponding period a year earlier to 7.6m hectolitres, driven by nectars (up 21.6%), beer (up 15.4%) and mineral waters (up 12.2%).
These gains compensated for a poorer quarter in wine, where domestic sales fell 11.2% and Chilean wine exports fell 3.4%.
The company's Argentine operations, meanwhile, were up 6.3% to 1.6m hectolitres.
Having recovered from a tax scandal in 2005 and now back in growth, the privately owned Brazilian brewer Primo Schincariol has become a takeover target for international players keen to expand their p...
Heineken has remained tight-lipped on claims that it is set to extend its import agreement in the US with FEMSA....
Analysts have played down the prospect of Dutch brewing giant Heineken bidding for UK-based rival Scottish & Newcastle. Shares in S&N rose this morning (30 March) as the market buzzed with speculation...
SABMiller has defended its decision not to pursue acquisitions in Russia after announcing that it is to build its second brewery in the country. The London-listed brewing giant said today (29 March) t...
SABMiller is to build its second brewery in Russia as it looks to capitalise on growing sales in the country....
Carlsberg has insisted it has no plans to quit the UK despite its position as the number four brewer in what remains a challenging market....
SABMiller has displayed no let up in the battle to wrest back its share of South Africa's premium beer category with the launch of an upmarket brand....
SABMiller has unveiled its first steps to wrest back share in South Africa's buoyant premium beer segment with the launch of Peroni Nastro Azzurro on draught....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research