AUSTRALIA: Beelgara appoints European marketing manager
Beelgara has appointed Jaap Sonnemans as its European market manager.
Sonnemans joins the Australia wine company after spending 18 months as global brand manager for Lisa McGuigan's Tempus Two Winery.
A spokesperson for Beelgara told just-drinks that the appointment is a new position, as the group looks to build more presence in European markets.
Beelgara said Sonnemans has extensive experience in sales and marketing in the European wine market, having worked for BRL Hardy in The Netherlands and then Hardy's importer and distributor, Groupe LFE, as marketing manager.
"In keeping with Beelgara's strategy of employing international market managers with regional experience, Jaap was an obvious choice," a statement said. "Given his background with BRL Hardy and Groupe LFE, Jaap has an intimate knowledge of the various distribution channels and logistics throughout Continental Europe."
Sonnemans said: "Beelgara, being a true Australian winemaker, appeals to me. It's a family owned and family run winery, driven by entrepreneurship, passion and team spirit."
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US