UK: Beefeater to join Chivas Brothers business
Chivas Brothers will also add Allied brand Ballantine's to its range of Scotch whisky brands from 26 July 2005, as well as Long John, Stewart Cream of the Barley, Scapa and Tormore single malts.
The result means that Chivas Brothers total sales will increase from approximately 11m nine litre cases to 20m nine-litre cases of spirits a year.
Christian Porta, chairman and CEO of Chivas Brothers, said: "The addition of Ballantine's and Beefeater Gin contributes two very significant global brands to our portfolio. The new combined resources, expertise and brands of Chivas Brothers and Allied Distillers will further strengthen our Scotch whisky offering and drive us closer towards becoming the world's leading Premium Scotch whisky company.
"Our mission will be to integrate Ballantine's, the world's No 3 Scotch whisky, and the Beefeater Gin brands into our portfolio and to develop and grow them. We will continue to support Chivas Regal as the world's most prestigious premium blended Scotch whisky and to re-energise The Glenlivet to challenge for global leadership of the single malt category."
In our first Just the Answer interview of 2007, Dean Best spoke with Nick Blacknell, brand director for Beefeater at Pernod Ricard subsidiary Chivas Brothers, about the company’s ambitious re-launch o...
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Allied Domecq has added a new flavour to its Malibu range. The company said yesterday that it would be launching Malibu Passion Fruit in the US from April 15....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are considering a US$13 billion bid for Allied Domecq, the world's second-largest spirits company. Were it to take place, Pernod and Fortune would split Allied's brand...
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
The US consumer goods group Fortune Brands has confirmed it is in talks about launching a joint bid with Pernod Ricard for Allied Domecq....
Maxxium Global Travel Retail is to enter the US duty free market on 1 July 2005, when it will take over responsibility for the brand portfolios currently represented by Future Brands Duty Free and DFD...
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages