UK: Beefeater makeover pushes London links
Chivas Brothers has finally unveiled its plans for Beefeater Gin.
The "multi-million pound" ad campaign, entitled Forever London, builds on Beefeater's position as the only premium international London Dry Gin still distilled in the city.
Each execution is a collage of London images, including red London buses, the Houses of Parliament, black cabs and red telephone boxes.
The campaign has been developed to support the brand in its key markets, including Spain and the US. Initially, it will contain five print and two outdoor executions, all using the tagline 'Forever London since 1820'.
"There were a number of issues facing the brand in 2005," said Chivas international marketing director Martin Riley.
"The image of the brand overall was declining, except in its key market of Spain. The packaging lacked premium cues and wasn't doing justice to the liquid in the bottle and there was a lack of consistent advertising in key markets.
The Forever London will make its debut in Spain next month and will be rolled out to other markets in March and April
Beefeater sales volumes rose 5% during the six months to 31 December thanks to a recovery in Spain and rising sales in the UK, France and Russia.
Riley added: "Beefeater is an international brand and has the potential to be a really strong global brand."
In our first Just the Answer interview of 2007, Dean Best spoke with Nick Blacknell, brand director for Beefeater at Pernod Ricard subsidiary Chivas Brothers, about the company’s ambitious re-launch o...
There has rarely been dull moment in recent years for anyone concerned with Stolichnaya, with a long-running rights dispute over the brand name, a switch to bottling the brand outside Russia and the t...
Pernod Ricard is bringing a premium addition to its Campo Viejo wine brand to the UK....
Pernod Ricard has lined up a wave of radio advertising for its Jacob's Creek wine brand in the UK....
United Wineries, the largest supplier of Spanish wine to the UK, has appointed a new marketing director for the country....
Chivas Brothers' Scotch whisky brand Ballantine's has become the official sponsor for The Barclays Scottish Open for the next three years....
Carlsberg has shown an interest in Vin & Sprit, the makers of Absolut vodka, after the Swedish government sanctioned the sale of the wine and spirits company....
Chivas Brothers has unveiled an international TV marketing campaign for its Chivas Regal 18-year-old Scotch whisky targeting the financial community....
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- just the Winners - IWSC Spirits Trophy Winners
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research