USA: Beck's Partners With Jaguar's 'Green Team' to Race in Indianapolis
On September 24, 2000, a record-breaking 200,000 Beck's Beer and Formula One racing fans will witness live United States Grand Prix Formula One racing at its best as the world's most prestigious car racing series returns to the U.S. after nine years. The Grand Prix Formula One race -- to be hosted at the famous Indianapolis Motor Speedway -- will be the 15th of 17 events on the Formula One schedule this year.As of this year, Beck's is an official partner of the Jaguar Racing Team and a sponsor of its two Jaguar R1 cars. The Jaguar R1 "Green Team" -- rightly named due to the R1's green exterior finish -- features the highly regarded international racers Eddie Irvine and Johnny Herbert, as well as racing legend Jackie Stewart."The national excitement surrounding Formula One on its return to the U.S. this year offers Beck's a perfect platform to reach our target consumers," said Rainer Meyrer, executive vice-president of marketing for Beck's North America. "We are honored to be a part of U.S. racing history and a partner with such a prestigious worldwide brand as Jaguar." Beck's and Jaguar ask consumers to always act responsibly and never drink and drive.The Formula One racing series is a worldwide sporting event, beginning in Melbourne, Australia, March 12, 2000, and ending in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, October 22, 2000.Beck's, brewed in Bremen, Germany, is the United States' No. 1 imported German beer. Beck's North America, importer of Beck's, Beck's Light, Beck's Dark, Beck's Oktoberfest and Haake Beck non-alcoholic, accounts for approximately 69 percent of all German beer imported into the United States.* For more information about Beck's, please log on to
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research