USA: Beck's Light reports strong sales
Beck's North America, the no.1 German beer importer has reported strong initial sales of Beck's Light - and in Miami and Orlando it has outsold Amstel Light.Sales of Beck's Light, which was rolled out nationally in March, have been on and above predictions and the company is now hoping its latest brand of Beck's will knock Amstel Light from the number two slot."With this kind of momentum, we have got a good shot at knocking Amstel Light out of its no.2 position in several markets," said executive VP of marketing for Beck's North America, Rainer Meyrer.Meyrer also said that the launch of Beck's has had a positive impact on building awareness of the brand in the US and Beck's Light has established an 18% case share of import lights sold in the grocery channel.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Can Bacardi take its rum back to the party?
- What Trans-Pacific Partnership means for drinks
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- ABInBev on the verge of SABMiller buy? - Comment
- Japan and the global soft drinks race
- Anheuser-Busch InBev wins SABMiller's hand
- A-B InBev raises SABMiller offer to GBP70.5bn
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Beam Suntory CMO to stand down
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report