USA: Beck's Light reports strong sales
Beck's North America, the no.1 German beer importer has reported strong initial sales of Beck's Light - and in Miami and Orlando it has outsold Amstel Light.Sales of Beck's Light, which was rolled out nationally in March, have been on and above predictions and the company is now hoping its latest brand of Beck's will knock Amstel Light from the number two slot."With this kind of momentum, we have got a good shot at knocking Amstel Light out of its no.2 position in several markets," said executive VP of marketing for Beck's North America, Rainer Meyrer.Meyrer also said that the launch of Beck's has had a positive impact on building awareness of the brand in the US and Beck's Light has established an 18% case share of import lights sold in the grocery channel.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends