USA: Beck's Light reports strong sales
Beck's North America, the no.1 German beer importer has reported strong initial sales of Beck's Light - and in Miami and Orlando it has outsold Amstel Light.Sales of Beck's Light, which was rolled out nationally in March, have been on and above predictions and the company is now hoping its latest brand of Beck's will knock Amstel Light from the number two slot."With this kind of momentum, we have got a good shot at knocking Amstel Light out of its no.2 position in several markets," said executive VP of marketing for Beck's North America, Rainer Meyrer.Meyrer also said that the launch of Beck's has had a positive impact on building awareness of the brand in the US and Beck's Light has established an 18% case share of import lights sold in the grocery channel.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review