USA: Beck's Light reports strong sales
Beck's North America, the no.1 German beer importer has reported strong initial sales of Beck's Light - and in Miami and Orlando it has outsold Amstel Light.Sales of Beck's Light, which was rolled out nationally in March, have been on and above predictions and the company is now hoping its latest brand of Beck's will knock Amstel Light from the number two slot."With this kind of momentum, we have got a good shot at knocking Amstel Light out of its no.2 position in several markets," said executive VP of marketing for Beck's North America, Rainer Meyrer.Meyrer also said that the launch of Beck's has had a positive impact on building awareness of the brand in the US and Beck's Light has established an 18% case share of import lights sold in the grocery channel.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends