USA: Beck's Light 'Lights Up' Sales For Beck's NA - No. 1 German Beer Importer Pleased With U.S. Debut
You might say this German beer importer is extremely delighted with the success of its new Beck's Light. Beck's North America today reported strong initial sales of Beck's Light, which rolled out nationally in March of this year. The No. 1 German beer importer, based in Stamford, Conn., said across the board sales of Beck's Light have been on or above projections, with some markets such as Chicago, Orlando and Miami, reporting stellar retail sales.Rainer Meyrer, executive vice president of marketing for Beck's North America, said that retail tracking studies in June showed that in Orlando and Miami, for example, Beck's Light outsold Amstel Light and substantially increased its volume on Corona Light. In Miami, Beck's Light has established an 18 percent case share of import lights sold in the grocery channel."With this kind of momentum, we've got a good shot at knocking Amstel Light out of its No. 2 position in several markets," said Meyrer. "Beck's Light is a terrific tasting beer that's crisp, refreshing, light, and undeniably Beck's. Apparently, American consumers are quickly finding this out for themselves and coming back for more."Meyrer added that the launch of Beck's Light has also had a positive impact on building awareness of the Beck's base brand in the United States.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- How has craft beer put the squeeze on world beers?
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Heineken signs JV deal in Philippines
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends