USA: Beck's Light 'Lights Up' Sales For Beck's NA - No. 1 German Beer Importer Pleased With U.S. Debut
You might say this German beer importer is extremely delighted with the success of its new Beck's Light. Beck's North America today reported strong initial sales of Beck's Light, which rolled out nationally in March of this year. The No. 1 German beer importer, based in Stamford, Conn., said across the board sales of Beck's Light have been on or above projections, with some markets such as Chicago, Orlando and Miami, reporting stellar retail sales.Rainer Meyrer, executive vice president of marketing for Beck's North America, said that retail tracking studies in June showed that in Orlando and Miami, for example, Beck's Light outsold Amstel Light and substantially increased its volume on Corona Light. In Miami, Beck's Light has established an 18 percent case share of import lights sold in the grocery channel."With this kind of momentum, we've got a good shot at knocking Amstel Light out of its No. 2 position in several markets," said Meyrer. "Beck's Light is a terrific tasting beer that's crisp, refreshing, light, and undeniably Beck's. Apparently, American consumers are quickly finding this out for themselves and coming back for more."Meyrer added that the launch of Beck's Light has also had a positive impact on building awareness of the Beck's base brand in the United States.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits