UK: Beck's launches art award promotion
InBev-owned beer brand Beck's is launching a poster and newspaper advertising campaign linked to its sponsorship of the Beck's Futures Art Award.
InBev said the campaign will encourage consumers to participate in choosing who wins this year's prize. The campaign, which breaks this week, will reinforce consumer awareness of Beck's and attract new drinkers to the brand at the start of the key summer season, while also driving awareness of the award, which is run in collaboration with the Institute of Contemporary Art (ICA).
Consumers will be encouraged to visit three exhibitions of the short-listed works and vote for a winner. InBev UK said it was committed to making this year's Beck's Futures Award, now in its seventh year, "the most accessible ever".
The poster campaign will reach estimated 2.5m consumers, the company said. There will also be press advertising in UK publications The Guardian, Metro, The Independent and Time Out, as well as selected regional press outlets.
"The standard of work submitted for this year's Beck's Futures Award has been exceptional and this ad campaign marks the final stages," said Chris Stagg, InBev UK's marketing manager for Beck's. "It's all about getting the public to get out there to see what contemporary art is all about. At the same time, it reminds existing Beck's drinkers of what the brand is all about and stimulates the interest of new drinkers."
It's been a quiet day on the Pernod/Allied Domecq front....
InBev has made an offer to acquire the remaining minority interests in its Russian business SUN Interbrew Ltd (SIL) that it doesn't own, at a price of US$33.41 in cash per security....
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
LVMH has said it is not looking to buy Mumm Champagne from Allied Domecq....
Diageo is to launch a new global advertising campaign for Smirnoff Ice. The first ad in the global campaign, 'Garden', launches in Great Britain on April 11th on terrestrial and satellite TV. ...
- Can Bacardi take its rum back to the party?
- What Trans-Pacific Partnership means for drinks
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- ABInBev on the verge of SABMiller buy? - Comment
- Japan and the global soft drinks race
- Anheuser-Busch InBev wins SABMiller's hand
- A-B InBev raises SABMiller offer to GBP70.5bn
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Beam Suntory CMO to stand down
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report