US: Beck’s airs new ad campaign
InBev USA will launch a summer advertisement push next week for flagship brand Beck's as it tries to tune into the "independent" consumer.
Beck's director of marketing Ronnie Tucker said: "Our research shows Beck's is a brand that resonates with consumers who make independent choices about what they do, what they drink and who they enjoy our brand with.
The adverts, which are called "Wake Up", follow a man in his mid-twenties sleeping after a completely average day, before waking up at a neighbour's party - where he is prompted to "wake up" and join the celebration.
Tucker added: "Most importantly, when they make these choices they also describe themselves as not being average, but willing to step out from the crowd and make their own decisions. 'Wake Up' reinforces their belief system in an original and unexpected way."
The television advertisement will be coupled with a mix of national and spot buys in major metropolitan areas until 1 October, InBev USA said.
The century-old rivalry between Anheuser-Busch and Czech brewer Budejovicky Budvar took an unexpected twist earlier this week when the two brewers signed an import deal for the US market. However, des...
SABMiller has made up ground on its rival Anheuser-Busch in the developing Chinese beer market over the past two years. But, writes Dean Best, both companies will have to take the long-term view as th...
Pubs in France have stopped selling Guinness in protest at the high selling prices of the iconic stout across the Channel and the lack of support from its distributor....
InBev's Bulgarian unit is stepping up its marketing investment behind flagship beer Astika, according to local reports....
Investment bank JP Morgan has changed its ratings on brewing giants InBev and Heineken....
InBev and Heineken have settled their legal row over their respective home brewing systems....
InBev has remodelled its import business in the US to focus on its Labatt brands from Canada and Brazilian beer Brahma....
Anheuser-Busch has seen domestic beer volumes rise slightly in the last year. The Budweiser brewing giant said wholesaler sales-to-retailers grew 1.1% during 2006....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018