S AFRICA: Beckmanns bump Diageo, Heineken JV for Jose Cuervo distribution
Edward Snell & Co will handle Jose Cuervo Especial Silver, Especial Reposado and Black in Southern Africa
Cape Town-based Edward Snell confirmed earlier today (1 July) that it has taken over distribution as of this week. Cuervo's owner, the Beckmann family, has been appointing replacement local distributors after talks with Diageo over a renewal of their existing agreement collapsed late last year.
Having reportedly recruited Gruppo Zamora in Spain earlier this year, the Beckmanns have employed Think Spirits in Australia, while Proximo Spirits, which is owned by the family, will handle sales in the UK, Ireland, Canada and the US.
“The opportunity to grow Jose Cuervo’s share of the market and Tequila-drinking occasions in Southern Africa is an exciting challenge,” said Edward Snell's MD, Iain Hooper.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
Heineken has announced the appointment of Loïc Latour to the post of president of its French distribution subsidiary, France Boissons....
Heineken, the world’s third largest brewer and leading cider producer, continued its aggressive acquisitive expansion in 2012 with the purchase of Asia Pacific Breweries. This profile considers the ex...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report