S AFRICA: Beckmanns bump Diageo, Heineken JV for Jose Cuervo distribution
Edward Snell & Co will handle Jose Cuervo Especial Silver, Especial Reposado and Black in Southern Africa
Cape Town-based Edward Snell confirmed earlier today (1 July) that it has taken over distribution as of this week. Cuervo's owner, the Beckmann family, has been appointing replacement local distributors after talks with Diageo over a renewal of their existing agreement collapsed late last year.
Having reportedly recruited Gruppo Zamora in Spain earlier this year, the Beckmanns have employed Think Spirits in Australia, while Proximo Spirits, which is owned by the family, will handle sales in the UK, Ireland, Canada and the US.
“The opportunity to grow Jose Cuervo’s share of the market and Tequila-drinking occasions in Southern Africa is an exciting challenge,” said Edward Snell's MD, Iain Hooper.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
Heineken has announced the appointment of Loïc Latour to the post of president of its French distribution subsidiary, France Boissons....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Why Vietnam is the next beer battleground
- Brown-Forman Q1 2017 results - Preview
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- US on-premise at "new normal" - research
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review