S AFRICA: Beckmanns bump Diageo, Heineken JV for Jose Cuervo distribution
Edward Snell & Co will handle Jose Cuervo Especial Silver, Especial Reposado and Black in Southern Africa
Cape Town-based Edward Snell confirmed earlier today (1 July) that it has taken over distribution as of this week. Cuervo's owner, the Beckmann family, has been appointing replacement local distributors after talks with Diageo over a renewal of their existing agreement collapsed late last year.
Having reportedly recruited Gruppo Zamora in Spain earlier this year, the Beckmanns have employed Think Spirits in Australia, while Proximo Spirits, which is owned by the family, will handle sales in the UK, Ireland, Canada and the US.
“The opportunity to grow Jose Cuervo’s share of the market and Tequila-drinking occasions in Southern Africa is an exciting challenge,” said Edward Snell's MD, Iain Hooper.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
Heineken has announced the appointment of Loïc Latour to the post of president of its French distribution subsidiary, France Boissons....
The world’s leading spirits producer, Diageo also ranks 23rd in the global wine market. This profile analyses the role of wine in the company’s wide-ranging alcoholic drinks operations, considering op...
Heineken, the world’s third largest brewer and leading cider producer, continued its aggressive acquisitive expansion in 2012 with the purchase of Asia Pacific Breweries. This profile considers the ex...
Beer in Ireland industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile a...
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research