JAPAN: Beaujolais to break records next month
Last year Japan took delivery of around 580,000 cases of Beaujolais. Based on wholesale orders placed so far, however, at least 600,000 cases should arrive in Japan next month.
Importers intend to increase the price of the French wine by between 5 and 10% to reflect the strong Euro. The importers feel that sales will still beat last year, however, thanks to the good weather in France producing what they hope to be an excellent vintage.
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Will Remy come off worse in China Cognac recovery?
- William Grant and Drambuie: It Had to be You
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Soft Drinks & Water - Russia in Turmoil
- Bacardi-Martini appoints Southern Europe chief
- Diageo opens Guinness Brewhouse No 4 in Dublin
- William Grant gives Sailor Jerry pack revamp
- Scottish leader speaks out over Scotch whisky
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l