FRANCE: Beaujolais successfully sues magazine for "crap wine" slur
Fifty-six cooperatives producing Beaujolais wine have successfully sued a magazine for describing the region's wine as mostly "crap" to the tune of €300,000. The magazine Lyon Mag, from the city of Lyon, was found guilty of "denigrating a product", and was ordered to pay the cost of having the ruling publicised in the French media.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Diageo reaches deal in Stitzel legal row
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Sazerac poaches ex-Diageo government director