FRANCE: Beaujolais successfully sues magazine for "crap wine" slur
Fifty-six cooperatives producing Beaujolais wine have successfully sued a magazine for describing the region's wine as mostly "crap" to the tune of €300,000. The magazine Lyon Mag, from the city of Lyon, was found guilty of "denigrating a product", and was ordered to pay the cost of having the ruling publicised in the French media.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits