FRANCE: Beaujolais set for earliest harvest ever
Three vintners asked authorities for permission to start the harvest on Tuesday this week, as hot weather ripened grapes earlier than usual.
The vast majority of the area's winemakers plan to begin harvest on Thursday, according to the Interprofessional Union of Beaujolais Wines.
According to reports this is the earliest Beaujolais harvest on record. The previous earliest was in 1893, and began on August 25.
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head