FRANCE: Beaujolais set for earliest harvest ever
Three vintners asked authorities for permission to start the harvest on Tuesday this week, as hot weather ripened grapes earlier than usual.
The vast majority of the area's winemakers plan to begin harvest on Thursday, according to the Interprofessional Union of Beaujolais Wines.
According to reports this is the earliest Beaujolais harvest on record. The previous earliest was in 1893, and began on August 25.
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Constellation recalls Corona over glass threat