FRANCE: Beaujolais Nouveau sales down, but revenues set to resist
France's Beaujolais Nouveau launched worldwide today
Sales volumes of the 2012 Beaujolais Nouveau are estimated to be down by around 13% on last year due to a small harvest, according to trade body Inter-Beaujolais.
“The simple fact is that, if we had been able to offer the same volumes this year as we has in 2011, we would have no difficulty in selling it,” Jean Bourjade, general manager of Inter-Beaujolais told just-drinks today.
“Despite the lower volumes on the market this year, an increase in bulk prices means there's a reasonable chance value sales will be stable compared to 2011, even up slightly,” Bourjade added.
Almost half of the volumes of the young wine, which has been released globally tofay (15 November) are bound for export, the main destination being Japan.
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review