FRANCE: Beaujolais Nouveau sales down, but revenues set to resist
France's Beaujolais Nouveau launched worldwide today
Sales volumes of the 2012 Beaujolais Nouveau are estimated to be down by around 13% on last year due to a small harvest, according to trade body Inter-Beaujolais.
“The simple fact is that, if we had been able to offer the same volumes this year as we has in 2011, we would have no difficulty in selling it,” Jean Bourjade, general manager of Inter-Beaujolais told just-drinks today.
“Despite the lower volumes on the market this year, an increase in bulk prices means there's a reasonable chance value sales will be stable compared to 2011, even up slightly,” Bourjade added.
Almost half of the volumes of the young wine, which has been released globally tofay (15 November) are bound for export, the main destination being Japan.
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Moet Hennessy sees China rebound in strong FY
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research