MEXICO: Bear Stearns upgrades Modelo
Analysts at Bear Stearns have upgraded the Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo to "outperform" from "peer perform" as the economic conditions around the brewer improve.
Modelo also saw its price target increase to 32 pesos per share from 34 pesos.
In a report Bear Stearns said: "A year ago we worried about lack of pricing for Modelo in the U.S. and Mexico as well as peso weakness and Mexican competition for which Modelo's response was uncertain. These conditions are improving as we go into 2004."
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban