MEXICO: Bear Stearns upgrades Modelo
Analysts at Bear Stearns have upgraded the Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo to "outperform" from "peer perform" as the economic conditions around the brewer improve.
Modelo also saw its price target increase to 32 pesos per share from 34 pesos.
In a report Bear Stearns said: "A year ago we worried about lack of pricing for Modelo in the U.S. and Mexico as well as peso weakness and Mexican competition for which Modelo's response was uncertain. These conditions are improving as we go into 2004."
Sectors: Beer & cider
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Why has Heineken made a Formula 1 U-turn?
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends