UK: Beam UK MD quits
The managing director of Beam Global Spirits & Wine UK has left the company.
The company confirmed yesterday (31 May) that Adrian McKeon is to stand down from the position at the end of this month. McKeon will be replaced by Jonathan Stordy, who assumes responsibility for the UK and Ireland alongside his current position as managing director of Spain, Portugal and France.
Beam said McKeon is leaving the company "to pursue a new opportunity", but would not elaborate on the company McKeon is set to join. just-drinks understands, however, that McKeon will be staying within the drinks fold.
Before joining Beam Global late last year, Stordy spent 15 years with Diageo, serving as Iberia managing director since 2003. Prior to this, he was the UK commercial managing director for Diageo, joining Grand Met in 1991 as the Iberia market director for J&B Scotch, and spent five years leading the marketing efforts for Smirnoff, first in the UK then in the US market.
Stordy will continue to report directly to Donard Gaynor, managing director of Beam Global Spirits & Wine international.
"Jonathan's market knowledge, leadership skills and relevant industry experience make him exceptionally well-qualified to hit the ground running," said Gaynor. "I would like to thank Adrian for his longstanding and steadfast commitment to the success of our UK commercial operations. During the course of his tenure, Adrian has served the company admirably and with great distinction. We wish him luck in his new venture."
UK marketing director Drew Munro, meanwhile, has been appointed as general manager at Beam's UK headquarters in Horsham, reporting to Stordy.
Diageo is considering plans to brew its stout brand Guinness in India....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has announced an addition to its 100 Años Tequila stable in the US....
The chairman of Remy Cointreau has confirmed that the company is set to create its own distribution company in China and South-East Asia....
Speculation over the last year regarding the future of Vin & Sprit has failed to disrupt operations at the Swedish state-owned company, according to its CEO....
Diageo has launched its Guinness Surger unit in the US....
The privatisation of Swedish state-owned alcohol concern Vin & Sprit has been brought forward as an indirect result of the US sub-prime mortgage crisis, Swedish media has reported....
Fortune Brands has said that the sale of its wine business to Constellation Brands will allow the company to focus on the "higher return premium spirits segment"....
Diageo has refused to be drawn on whether or not it is eyeing a stake in the Indian spirits giant United Spirits....
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research