UK: Beam to launch Courvoisier initiatives
Beam Global is to launch a series of initiatives as part of a GBP12m investment in its Courvoisier brand in the UK this year.
The marketing campaign is designed to "demystify" Cognac, Beam said today (30 March).
With much of the marketing spend to focus on the 'higher styles' within the Courvoisier range, the promotion will include sampling activity and an education programme for both trade and consumers.
The aim is to raise Courvoisier's profile as a 'luxury' brand.
Beam is also to continue investment in its The Future 500 marketing campaign, an online network for the UK's most promising entrepreneurs.
Courvoisier assistant brand manager Tracey Armstrong said: "As the UK's favourite Cognac, we are dedicated to driving value into the category through our higher styles and recruiting new drinkers through mixability.
We will be introducing consumers to Cognac through an experiential sampling programme using Courvoisier Exclusif, designed specifically for mixing, to show those who wouldn't normally try Cognac that it's a complex, delicious spirit that works incredibly well with so many flavours."
Earlier this month, The Licensing Company North America launched a chocolate collection of Beam Global Spirits and Wine's Courvoisier Cognac brand in the US.
Beam previewed the chocolate truffle range - a collaboration with chocolate maker Bissinger's - at the Fancy Food Show, in San Francisco early in March.
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
The Edrington Group has secured a multiple grocer listing in the UK for the Select Reserve variant of its The Glenrothes single malt Scotch whisky brand....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has renewed it support of raising money for a prostate cancer charity in the US through its Canadian Club whisky brand...
Suntory Holdings today confirmed that its approach to acquire Orangina Schweppes Group from Lion Capital and The Blackstone Group is a binding offer....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has followed Brown-Forman in announcing its withdrawal from NASCAR sponsorship in the US....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has appointed Kevin George as senior vice president and global chief marketing officer....
Russian Standard Vodka has launched its portfolio of vodkas in Australia and New Zealand, under a distribution deal with Beam Global Spirits & Wine....
Fortune Brands, the owner of Beam Global Spirits & Wine, has said it is on-track to meet full-year earnings target....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report