US: Beam to handle Lion Nathan wine stable
Beam Wine Estates has become the US distributor of Lion Nathan's wine portfolio.
Lion announced the deal today (28 July) and said Beam will handle a stable of wine brands including Petaluma, St Hallett and Wither Hills. Lion's labels join Beam's "Californian-focussed" portfolio, the Trans-Tasman group said.
Lion Nathan Wine Group MD Peter Cowan said: "A key strategic objective has been to establish the best possible fine wine route-to-market system in our priority international markets."
In January, Lion teamed up with UK wine agent Bibendum, Chile's Via Wine Group and The Argento Wine Company from Argentina to manage the distribution of a number of fine wine brands in Europe.
Australian beer and wine group Lion Nathan is expected to announce a move into ready-to-drink spirits next week. David Robertson assesses the options available to Lion as it seeks to emulate the succe...
Lion Nathan has received a sizeable tax demand, following an audit at one of its subsidiaries....
Private equity firm CCMP Capital has won the race for Independent Liquor, just-drinks understands....
Lion Nathan has pulled out of the race for Independent Liquor after private equity groups bid up the price for the New Zealand spirits group....
A private-equity consortium of Pacific Equity Partners and Nikko Principal Investments has reportedly tabled the highest bid for New Zealand RTD group Independent Liquor....
The deadline for bids for New Zealand's Independent Liquor passed today (6 December) but front-runner Lion Nathan remained tight-lipped on whether it had tabled an offer....
Lion Nathan reportedly faces its main opposition for Independent Liquor from private equity groups ahead of tomorrow's (6 December) deadline for the New Zealand-based spirits business....
New Zealand's Beer, Wine and Spirits Council looks set to close down at the end of the month after Lion Nathan decided pull out of it....
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends