US: Beam takes grape-based vodka nationwide
Beam Wine Estates (BWE), the upmarket wine arm of Beam Global Spirits & Wine, has launched a grape-based vodka nationwide in the US.
The company yesterday (4 April) unveiled Roth Vodka, hoping to lure its existing customer base of sommeliers and ultra-premium wine lovers into super-premium vodka.
BWE president Bill Newlands said: "The addition of Roth Vodka to the Beam Wine Estates portfolio makes strategic sense for our business in several ways."
The vodka is distilled five times from Californian wine grapes and was already in distribution in California in some of the state's most exclusive luxury restaurants, hotels and resorts, the company said. It will initially spread to New York, Florida, Colorado, Arizona, Illinois and Massachusetts - with a national expansion to follow.
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research