US: Beam takes grape-based vodka nationwide
Beam Wine Estates (BWE), the upmarket wine arm of Beam Global Spirits & Wine, has launched a grape-based vodka nationwide in the US.
The company yesterday (4 April) unveiled Roth Vodka, hoping to lure its existing customer base of sommeliers and ultra-premium wine lovers into super-premium vodka.
BWE president Bill Newlands said: "The addition of Roth Vodka to the Beam Wine Estates portfolio makes strategic sense for our business in several ways."
The vodka is distilled five times from Californian wine grapes and was already in distribution in California in some of the state's most exclusive luxury restaurants, hotels and resorts, the company said. It will initially spread to New York, Florida, Colorado, Arizona, Illinois and Massachusetts - with a national expansion to follow.
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- PepsiCo US to replace aspartame in Diet Pepsi
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets