GERMANY/US: Beam Suntory starts distribution transition
Beam Suntory will assume US and German control of Suntory's brands from next week
Beam Suntory Inc has confirmed the move of Suntory's US distribution from Campari, with Germany also transitioning.
The company, which came into being at the end of April when Suntory acquired Beam Inc, said earlier today (23 June) that it will start distributing Suntory's spirits portfolio in the US and Germany from 1 July. Both Campari and Suntory announced the intended move last month.
“As the company’s brands are already distributed together in Japan,” the company said, “the Beam Suntory portfolio will now be combined in markets representing more than 70% of the company’s total net sales.”
Matt Shattock, chairman & CEO of Beam Suntory, added: “We thank Campari for its distribution support and stewardship of the Suntory brands in the US and Germany over the years.”
Beam Suntory flagged that “further route-to-market integration is expected to be completed later this year”.
The Future of the Spirits Market in Germany to 2018
Summary • The Future of the Spirits Market in Germany to 2018 is the result of Canadean’s extensive market research covering the Spirits market in Germany. • The report presents detailed data on the ...read more
Canadean's "Suntory Holdings Limited: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a compa...
Suntory’s surprise takeover of Beam in April 2014 has created the world’s sixth biggest spirits company. Although not currently showing in Euromonitor International data, this profile will look at Sun...
Beam Suntory has said it will "vigorously" fight a lawsuit that accuses the firm of false advertising over its Maker's Mark Bourbon brand. ...
Suntory Beverage & Food Ltd was listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange in 2013, with the aim of financing its global M&A. The company acquired two brands Lucozade and Ribena from GlaxoSmithKline in Septem...
Suntory made a significant move in 2013 with the acquisition of Lucozade and Ribena from GlaxoSmithKline. This has boosted its presence in sports and energy drinks in Western Europe. However, the bran...
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018