Beam Suntory shifts Suntory brands to Maxxium in UK
Maxxium is jointly-owned by Beam Suntory and Edrington
Beam Suntory has added a raft of spirits brands to the books of its Maxxium sales, marketing and distribution joint-venture in the UK.
Maxxium, which is jointly-owned by Beam Suntory and Edrington, is set to handle the Auchentoshan, Bowmore and Glen Garioch Scotch whisky brands, the Hibiki, Yamazaki and Hakushu Japanese whiskies, and Midori melon liqueur. All these brands were owned by Suntory prior to its acquisition of Beam Inc last year.
The switch to Maxxium will take effect from 2 March.
“This integration… ensures that we can continue to provide our customers with an unrivalled portfolio and expertise enabling them to meet the needs of the whisk(e)y consumer, while Midori broadens our liqueurs and specialities offering,” said Maxxium UK's MD, Huw Pennell.
Late last month, the unit confirmed that Pennell will join Edrington from April to become the company's European regional manager director.
There is an air of uncertainty ahead of the release of Diageo's half-year results, due on Thursday....
In 2015, the global whiskey market was the third largest segment and also the fastest growing segment in the global spirits market and is expected to register a CAGR of more than 5% between 2016 and 2...
Beam Suntory has lined up the first of six 2016 releases for its limited run of Booker's Bourbon in the US. ...
Beam Suntory and brand partner 50 Cent have released a limited edition Effen Vodka bottle, which features a textured American football sleeve, 50 Cent's golden stamp of approval, his signature and log...
The former CEO of Morrison Bowmore Distillers has joined The Last Drop Distillers as board director. ...
Pernod Ricard has released a limited edition bottle for its Martell VS Cognac in the UK off-trade....
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard pairs Usain Bolt with Mumm Champagne