Beam Suntory gives US launch to Canadian Club 100% Rye
Beam Suntory's Canadian Club 100% Rye was first launched in 2014
Beam Suntory has expanded the launch of Canadian Club 100% Rye to the US as it targets "significant" growth in the rye whisky category.
The company, which unveiled 100% Rye in Canada in 2014, said the product will roll out across the US from this month. Beam Suntory claims its brand is one of the few 100% rye whiskies on the market because of the challenges in producing a pure rye whisky.
"The rye whisky category has seen significant growth over the past five years, specifically with bartenders and cocktail enthusiasts, so we made it our mission to create the right product," Beam Suntory said.
It will retail for US$19.99 per 75cl bottle.
Canadian Club 100% Rye is not the only rye whisk(e)y in Beam Suntory's portfolio. It also owns Jim Beam Rye, which was rolled out to the UK in 2014. Last month, the company launched a rye version of its super-premium Booker's Bourbon American whiskey.
The production and labeling of American whiskey has to be under the Title 27 of the US Code of Federal Regulations. American whiskey was traditionally produced within the boundaries of the US and can ...
In his latest commentary for just-drinks, former drinks analyst Ian Shackleton considers the tobacco model for drinks companies. He also gives us his tip of the stock to watch in 2017....
Single malt whiskey by definition needs to be made at a single distillery. It is made from fermented mash made with malted grain....
Alcoholic beverages are broadly categorized into three types: beer, spirits (distilled beverages), and wine....
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- The just-drinks Analyst
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Beam Suntory boosts top-line in 2016 - results
- Molson Coors targets cost-savings - FY16 results
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends