Beam Suntory gives US launch to Canadian Club 100% Rye
Beam Suntory's Canadian Club 100% Rye was first launched in 2014
Beam Suntory has expanded the launch of Canadian Club 100% Rye to the US as it targets "significant" growth in the rye whisky category.
The company, which unveiled 100% Rye in Canada in 2014, said the product will roll out across the US from this month. Beam Suntory claims its brand is one of the few 100% rye whiskies on the market because of the challenges in producing a pure rye whisky.
"The rye whisky category has seen significant growth over the past five years, specifically with bartenders and cocktail enthusiasts, so we made it our mission to create the right product," Beam Suntory said.
It will retail for US$19.99 per 75cl bottle.
Canadian Club 100% Rye is not the only rye whisk(e)y in Beam Suntory's portfolio. It also owns Jim Beam Rye, which was rolled out to the UK in 2014. Last month, the company launched a rye version of its super-premium Booker's Bourbon American whiskey.
The production and labeling of American whiskey has to be under the Title 27 of the US Code of Federal Regulations. American whiskey was traditionally produced within the boundaries of the US and can ...
Single malt whiskey by definition needs to be made at a single distillery. It is made from fermented mash made with malted grain....
In 2015, the global whiskey market was the third largest segment and also the fastest growing segment in the global spirits market and is expected to register a CAGR of more than 5% between 2016 and 2...
Beam Suntory is returning the Ardmore Scotch whisky brand to India after a four-year hiatus with the launch of Ardmore Legacy....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends