Beam Suntory enters Canada with full Scotch whisky portfolio
Laphroaig is one of the Beam Suntory brands in Canada
For the first time, the Bowmore and Auchentoshan brands from Suntory's Morrison Bowmore Distillers' unit will be sold under the Beam Suntory banner alongside the formerly Beam-owned Laphroaig. The move comes as the Scotch whisky category outperforms other spirits by 6%, according to Beam Suntory.
“There's a flourishing subculture of ardent single malt fans out there, which plays a huge role within our newly combined portfolio,” said Deepti Gurkar, senior brand manager for Beam Suntory Canada's luxury portfolio.
The full range available in Canada will also include Glen Garioch and McClelland's whiskies.
In nine-month sales released last week, Beam Suntory grew sales by 36% as its whiskies found growth around the world.
The production and labeling of American whiskey has to be under the Title 27 of the US Code of Federal Regulations. American whiskey was traditionally produced within the boundaries of the US and can ...
Single malt whiskey by definition needs to be made at a single distillery. It is made from fermented mash made with malted grain....
Alcoholic beverages are broadly categorized into three types: beer, spirits (distilled beverages), and wine....
The global alcoholic drinks market will have a moderate growth rate during the forecast period....
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World