JAPAN/US: Beam Suntory born as Suntory closes Beam Inc buy
Beam Suntory Inc has come into being, with Suntory Holdings' acquisition of Beam completing today.
The US$16bn transaction, which was announced in January closed this afternoon (30 April), resulting in the creation of what the two companies claim is the third-largest premium spirits company in the world.
Beam Suntory, which will be headquartered in Deerfield, Illinois, intends to integrate the spirits business of the Japanese firm's Suntory Liquors unit before the end of this year.
“We have created a stronger global business with an even better premium portfolio,” said Matt Shattock, Chairman & CEO of Beam Suntory. “We will be focused on continuing our momentum, growing in developed and emerging markets, and building on our combined strengths.”
Nobutada Saji, president & chairman of Suntory Holdings, added: “Since its founding, Suntory Group has always shared the spirit of ‘Yatte Minahare – Go for it!’ in taking on new challenges, creating new opportunities, and living our corporate values. I believe this common spirit and our combined strengths will be a powerful driving force.”
Combined sales of Beam Inc and Suntory Liquor totalled US$4.6bn in 2013.
Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offeri...
A storm appears to be brewing in the spirits category and it's a storm borne out of marketing. Can spirits companies settle the terminology tiff before things get out of hand, or is it too late? Ian B...
Canadean's "Suntory Holdings Limited: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a compa...
Suntory’s surprise takeover of Beam in April 2014 has created the world’s sixth biggest spirits company. Although not currently showing in Euromonitor International data, this profile will look at Sun...
As part of the 200th anniversary celebrations for Islay single malt Scotch whisky Laphroaig, brand owner Beam Suntory has announced the limited re-release of the Laphroaig 15-year-old expression....
Beam, as the world’s fourth largest international spirits company and seventh largest overall, should be in a strong position. In some ways it is, however, it suffers from a large proportion of its vo...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report