JAPAN/US: Beam Suntory born as Suntory closes Beam Inc buy
Beam Suntory Inc has come into being, with Suntory Holdings' acquisition of Beam completing today.
The US$16bn transaction, which was announced in January closed this afternoon (30 April), resulting in the creation of what the two companies claim is the third-largest premium spirits company in the world.
Beam Suntory, which will be headquartered in Deerfield, Illinois, intends to integrate the spirits business of the Japanese firm's Suntory Liquors unit before the end of this year.
“We have created a stronger global business with an even better premium portfolio,” said Matt Shattock, Chairman & CEO of Beam Suntory. “We will be focused on continuing our momentum, growing in developed and emerging markets, and building on our combined strengths.”
Nobutada Saji, president & chairman of Suntory Holdings, added: “Since its founding, Suntory Group has always shared the spirit of ‘Yatte Minahare – Go for it!’ in taking on new challenges, creating new opportunities, and living our corporate values. I believe this common spirit and our combined strengths will be a powerful driving force.”
Combined sales of Beam Inc and Suntory Liquor totalled US$4.6bn in 2013.
Canadean's "Suntory Holdings Limited: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a compa...
A storm appears to be brewing in the spirits category and it's a storm borne out of marketing. Can spirits companies settle the terminology tiff before things get out of hand, or is it too late? Ian B...
Suntory’s surprise takeover of Beam in April 2014 has created the world’s sixth biggest spirits company. Although not currently showing in Euromonitor International data, this profile will look at Sun...
Suntory made a significant move in 2013 with the acquisition of Lucozade and Ribena from GlaxoSmithKline. This has boosted its presence in sports and energy drinks in Western Europe. However, the bran...
As part of the 200th anniversary celebrations for Islay single malt Scotch whisky Laphroaig, brand owner Beam Suntory has announced the limited re-release of the Laphroaig 15-year-old expression....
This profile brings together all of just-drinks' coverage of the major developments in Suntory's acquisition of Beam. Spanning a four month period since the beginning of the year the profile looks at ...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research