JAPAN/US: Beam Suntory born as Suntory closes Beam Inc buy
Beam Suntory Inc has come into being, with Suntory Holdings' acquisition of Beam completing today.
The US$16bn transaction, which was announced in January closed this afternoon (30 April), resulting in the creation of what the two companies claim is the third-largest premium spirits company in the world.
Beam Suntory, which will be headquartered in Deerfield, Illinois, intends to integrate the spirits business of the Japanese firm's Suntory Liquors unit before the end of this year.
“We have created a stronger global business with an even better premium portfolio,” said Matt Shattock, Chairman & CEO of Beam Suntory. “We will be focused on continuing our momentum, growing in developed and emerging markets, and building on our combined strengths.”
Nobutada Saji, president & chairman of Suntory Holdings, added: “Since its founding, Suntory Group has always shared the spirit of ‘Yatte Minahare – Go for it!’ in taking on new challenges, creating new opportunities, and living our corporate values. I believe this common spirit and our combined strengths will be a powerful driving force.”
Combined sales of Beam Inc and Suntory Liquor totalled US$4.6bn in 2013.
Canadean's "Suntory Holdings Limited: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a compa...
Suntory’s surprise takeover of Beam in April 2014 has created the world’s sixth biggest spirits company. Although not currently showing in Euromonitor International data, this profile will look at Sun...
Beam, as the world’s fourth largest international spirits company and seventh largest overall, should be in a strong position. In some ways it is, however, it suffers from a large proportion of its vo...
Suntory Beverage & Food Ltd was listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange in 2013, with the aim of financing its global M&A. The company acquired two brands Lucozade and Ribena from GlaxoSmithKline in Septem...
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- just Five Years Ago - The Birth of Accolade Wines
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Beam Suntory appoints chief HR officer
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research