US: Beam releases Sauza Tequila addition
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has lined up an addition to its Tequila range in the US.
The drinks arm of Fortune Brands has today (6 March) unveiled 100 Años Tequila Blanco, an extension of Sauza Tequila's portfolio, for the US market. The Tequila will be available nationwide from this month, the company said, and will sit alongside Sauza's 100 Años Reposado, which was launched in 2005.
"Mexican-American consumers are seeking genuine products with a strong Mexican heritage," said Andrew Floor, senior brand director for Sauza Tequila. "While this group continues to wield increasing purchasing power, we have a unique opportunity to bring an authentic and well-respected brand to the US and to this consumer. Blanco tequilas are now consumed more than ever in Mexico making the launch of 100 Años Blanco a natural fit for the US market."
The Tequila will be backed by point of sale materials, including case cards, posters, shelf talkers, and shot glass gift packs in the off-trade, where it will be available for a SRP of US$19.99.
Fortune Brands has disclosed its plans for the transition of its CEO next year....
Beam's acquisition of Teacher's and Laphroaig may not have attracted as much attention as some other elements of the Allied Domecq sell-off but as Michael Cockram, Scotch brand director at Beam Global...
Brown-Forman has appointed Coe Vintners to be the exclusive distributor for its Tequila Herradura and el Jimador Tequila brands in the UK....
Vin & Sprit has posted a slight lift in its half-year figures, despite a hammering from exchange rate fluctuations....
Beam Global has teamed up with UK pub chain Pitcher and Piano to promote its Sauza tequila brand as a long drink....
Liquor auctions have been legalised in New York....
Drinks Americas Holdings has seen its losses widen in what it has described as a year of "transition"....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has added two new super-premium Scotch whiskies to its Laphroaig Islay single malt range in the UK....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets