US: Beam opens global research centre to boost new products
Beam Inc wants to boost new product launches
Beam Inc has opened an innovation centre as it targets achieving a quarter of its annual sales growth from new products.
The Jim Beam maker will invest US$30m in the multi-year project along with a new visitors centre, also opened yesterday (3 October). The 5,300-square-metre 'Global Innovation Center', located just outside Louisville, Kentucky, features R&D and design labs and will fuel Beam's product development around the world, the company said.
"We aim to deliver 25% of our company's annual sales growth from new products, and our new 'Global Innovation Center' will help ensure our innovation capabilities remain second to none," Beam president & CEO Matt Shattock said.
The visitors' centre is a replica of a 1930s stillhouse and will educate tourists on the Bourbon-making process. “It's only fitting that we're opening the doors to our new Jim Beam visitors' experience one year to the day after becoming a publicly-traded standalone spirits company," Shattock said.
Earlier this month, Bacardi announced the launch of Dewar's Highlander Honey in the US. The move has ruffled feathers in Scotland, where the heritage and provenance of Scotch whisky is almost an obses...
Beam Inc is lining up the first national television advert in the UK for its Jim Beam Bourbon brand....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Anheuser-Busch to cut 60 bottling jobs
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review