US: Beam offers fresh flavours and packaging in US
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has announced a revamp of its Gilbey's vodka and Ronrico rum brands in the US.
Gilbey's vodka will be available in four additional flavours - citrus, grape, raspberry and cherry - Beam said yesterday (16 April). At the same time, the Ronrico rum line has changed its packaging to project a more premium image.
The new shield-like shape will replace the standard rectangular-shaped label and focus primarily on the crest and the 1860 year. The change will affect the entire Ronrico line, including its Silver, Gold, Citrus, Vanilla and Pineapple-Coconut marques.
Beam's senior brand director Dennis Prado said: "The introduction of new Gilbey's vodka flavors and the repackaged Ronrico line will bring new life to these brands. With our portfolio of leading global and regional brands, these changes will show our brand loyal consumers that innovation is not only for premium brands. Greater selection and more premium packaging is an important part to building our brands, including those in the economy segment."
The new 70 proof Gilbey's vodka flavours will be available in 750ml, 1-litre and 1.75-litre bottles beginning next month. The new packaging for Ronrico will be offered from July in 50ml, 200ml, 375ml, 750ml, 1-litre and 1.75-litre sizes.
Rum producers from French overseas departments (counties) have been given a 50% tax break on excise duty charged on sales within mainland France, stretching until December 2012....
The CEO of Blavod Extreme Spirits has left the company....
Maxxium has added Cruzan Single Barrel Estate Rum to its portfolio and will distribute the brand across the UK market for the first time....
Peak Spirits has launched the first USDA-certified organic dry gin distilled in the US under its CapRock label....
Skyy Spirits has appointed of a new director of public relations and events....
Private equity firm EQT has voiced its desire to buy Vin & Sprit from the Swedish government, according to reports....
The London International Wine and Spirits Fair has lined up Diageo for next year's event....
The super-premium vodka brand Akvinta is being launched in the UK market through the drinks firm Wine & Spirit International....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- Pernod Ricard appoints Absolut Vodka VP
- Beam Suntory to re-package Courvoisier Cognac
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research