US: Beam names ad agency to handle former Allied brands
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has chosen Publicis Dialog as the agency of record to promote the former Allied Domecq brands it acquired last year.
A second agency, Chicago-based Energy BBDO, will retain and expand its responsibilities for Beam's "heritage" brands, including Knob Creek bourbon and DeKuyper cordials. Energy BBDO will also oversee campaigns to promote bourbon brand Jim Beam in three new international markets - the UK, Germany and Spain.
"Our philosophy has always been to put the interests of the brands first, and after an acquisition it's especially important to secure consistency and stability," said Beth Bronner, chief marketing officer and senior vice president of marketing, Beam Global Spirits & Wine yesterday (3 May).
"Publicis Dialog joins Beam Global with a deep understanding of our new brands, a winning track record, and promises to be a tremendous asset to our organisation."
In a new regular column, Chris Losh, formerly editor of the magazines, Wine and Spirit International and Wine International, gives his take on current issues in the global beverage business. This mont...
New Zealand's competition watchdog has begun a probe into the local effects of Pernod Ricard's takeover of Allied Domecq....
Pernod Ricard has insisted its four remaining production sites in North America are safe after announcing it plans to close a US distillery. Pernod's US arm will close its site at Lawrenceburg, Indian...
Pernod Ricard will close one of its distilleries in the US after a review of its operations in North America found it had "significant excess capacity" on the continent following the takeover of Allie...
The CEO of Fortune Brands believes the Pernod acquisition of Allied will prevail sooner rather than later....
Pernod Ricard will hold an emergency general meeting next month relating to its offer for Allied Domecq, according to press reports....
Speculation over the weekend has suggested that Constellation may have to bid over 700p a share for Allied Domecq....
A consortium led by Constellation Brands has made a tentative approach for Allied Domecq....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part II
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends