UK: Beam launches rare variant for Harveys
Beam Global UK plans to launch a range of "very old rare sherry" (VORS) under its Harveys label.
The company said on Friday (4 April) that the Harveys VORS line up will contain four sherries, "Fine Old Amontillado, Palo Cortado, Rich Old Oloroso and Pedro Ximénez" which will roll out to specialist on and off-trade outlets this month.
The sherries, which launch in packaging with the 'H' logo and the brand name varnished onto the closure, have been aged for 30 years. "Fine Old Amontillado, Palo Cortado and Rich Old Oloroso were previously VOS sherries, made from wines with an average age of 20 years," the company said.
Harveys' master blender and newly appointed Caballeros, Beltran Domecq said: "We are thrilled to be launching this range of exquisite VORS sherries. They are packaged in 50cl bottles as they are rich wines which are designed to be consumed in small quantities. The smaller bottles will ensure the sherry stays fresh once opened and make the price point of these expensive wines more attractive."
Harveys marketing manager, Rosie Kent added: "The new VORS range will reinvigorate the premium sherry category. It will appeal to more discerning sherry drinkers who are looking to trade up and enjoy some intense, older wines."
Harveys' VORS range will be available in 50cl bottles retailing at GBP19.95 (US$39.68) each.
It's been a tough week for global distributor Maxxium, whose future now hangs in the balance following deals to secure the departures of Pernod Ricard and Rémy Cointreau last week....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
The Edrington Group and Beam Global Spirits & Wine have confirmed details of their new alliance in the UK....
Berry Bros. & Rudd has lined up the latest addition to its Blue Hanger blended Scotch portfolio....
Fortune Brands has completed its deal to buy Cruzan rum from Pernod Ricard, as the French wine and spirits giant officially exits the Maxxium venture....
Maxxium UK has launched a new marketing campaign to re-position the Sourz brand as a spirit for cocktails....
Fortune Brands chairman Norm Wesley has announced his retirement, with current president and CEO Bruce Carbonari set to replace him....
Fortune Brands, owner of Jim Beam, has declared a dividend of US$0.44 per share for shareholders....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018