US: Beam launches new campaign for Courvoisier
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has launched a new campaign for the Courvoisier Cognac brand, featuring Jermaine "JD" Dupri, the music producer and founder of So-So Def Records.
The 'Find Greatness Within' campaign, which according to Beam is the brand's first advertising and positioning campaign since 2005, is already running in some trade titles and will be featured in consumer publications from the beginning of November.
The newly launched Courvoisier Exclusif and Courvoisier VSOP are the two featured products in the campaign which will comprise print, online and poster advertising.
The print execution pictures Jermaine Dupri posing with a snifter of Courvoisier VSOP. Beam said the "synergy of Courvoisier and the 'self-made man' inspires consumers to self-reflect and 'Find Greatness Within' while experiencing Courvoisier".
The company added that the campaign launch is being supported by print and online advertising, point-of-sale items and launch events.
"As a respected leader in the Cognac category, Courvoisier is excited to partner with Jermaine, an acclaimed figure who is the ultimate trendsetter, cultural icon and savvy entrepreneur," said Chris Mahoney, senior brand director, Courvoisier Cognac. "Find Greatness Within is an inspiring campaign that truly challenges our core consumer to discover their passion points while enjoying Courvoisier. With the growth of the category, particularly in the higher VSOP and XO sub-segments, the essence of this campaign allows us to be more relevant to our consumers in a well-established and competitive category."
Additional executions for Courvoisier VSOP and Courvoisier Exclusif feature bottle shots with the signature 'Find Greatness Within' crest.
Fortune Brands' Beam Global Spirits & Wine appeared to be perfectly placed to swoop for Vin & Sprit, but yesterday's announcement that Pernod Ricard had won the Swedish company's hand surprised most o...
Pernod Ricard's success in landing Absolut vodka has cast doubt over the future of Stolichnaya, currently marketed internationally by Pernod but which the French company will now be looking to offload...
Pernod Ricard's victory in the race to buy Vin & Sprit has sent shockwaves across the global spirits industry, whilst also throwing up a vast array of questions. In a spotlight special, Jessica Harvey...
The Cognac market - or at least the VSOP-and-above part of it - is riding the crest of a wave and will be finding it increasingly difficult to meet demand. But having seen booms and busts before, Chri...
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has launched a marketing campaign and package redesign for Sauza Tequila in the US to broaden the variety of serves for the category and reposition it to attract female cons...
CL WorldBrands has announced the appointment of Brian Woods to the position of senior marketing manager for rum....
Beam Global UK plans to launch a range of "very old rare sherry" (VORS) under its Harveys label....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Newcastle Brown Ale to lose caramel colouring
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages