Product Launch - US: Beam Inc's Laphroaig Triple Wood
Click through to view Beam Inc's Laphroaig Triple Wood
Beam Inc's Laphroaig Triple Wood
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, Islay, single malt, 48% abv
Available - From this month
Location - Exclusively in the US, nation-wide
Price - SRP of US$59.99 per 75cl bottle
Distribution - Beam Inc
Beam Inc has brought back the Triple Wood expression of its Laphroaig Scotch whisky brand. The iteration, which was initially only available in the travel retail channel before being made available for the first time in the US in 2011, returns to the country this month.
Triple Wood will be available only in the US for a limited – albeit unspecified – time. Although 2011's roll-out was limited to 13,500 bottles, a spokesperson for Beam declined to provide further details.
Laphroaig, the world's #1 Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky, proudly introduces its latest seasonal expression, Laphroaig Triple Wood. Just in time for fall, this limited edition whisky returns as a result of high demand from Friends of Laphroaig, the brand's distinguished loyalty group that gives members a lifetime lease on a numbered, one square foot plot of land in Islay, Scotland.
Laphroaig Triple Wood goes through a distinct triple maturation process that includes ex-bourbon barrels, 19th Century-style quarter casks and specially selected European Oak oloroso sherry casks. This process creates a complex whisky that boasts a rich blend of creamy vanilla and hints of sweet fruit, while retaining the distinctive smoky peat flavor of Laphroaig.
"We are thrilled that our Friends of Laphroaig members are just as passionate about their Scotch as we are," said John Campbell, Laphroaig Master Distiller. "Triple Wood is the perfect seasonal expression for fall. Its bright gold color and bursts of peat, vanilla and fruit flavors embody the fall season and bring you back to Islay, the land that gives Laphroaig its unique peaty notes."
At 96 proof, Laphroaig Triple Wood is best enjoyed neat, allowing the powerful, yet slightly creamy consistency of the whisky speak for itself. Laphroaig Triple Wood is available for a limited time nationwide with a suggested retail price of $59.99 per 750ml bottle and joins the Laphroaig portfolio of Scotch whiskies that includes Laphroaig 10-Year-Old, 10-Year-Old Cask Strength, Quarter Cask, 18-Year-Old, 25-Year-Old, QA Cask and Càirdeas.
Original source: Company Release
Beam, as the world’s fourth largest international spirits company and seventh largest overall, should be in a strong position. In some ways it is, however, it suffers from a large proportion of its vo...
In the first of a new “on-trend” series, just-drinks dives a little deeper than usual into this trend-in-flux. In this mini-report, we look at recent vodka flavour consumption volume, focusing on the ...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during February 2014....
- Comment - Scotch's Battle with Age
- Focus - The Risks of Acquisitions
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Pernod Ricard to up focus on consumers - CEO
- Diageo creates USL unit to oversee own brands
- Pernod Ricard on US starting blocks with Havanista
- Diageo to close Maryland bottling site
- A-B InBev GSA head in drink-driving crash
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review