Product Launch - TRAVEL RETAIL: Beam Inc's Laphroaig An Cuan Mór
Click through to view Beam Inc's new product
Beam Inc's Laphroaig An Cuan Mór
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, single malt, Islay, 48% abv
Available - From this month
Location - European Travel Retail, through World Duty Free Group, Heinemann and Aelia
Price - EUR95 (US$128) per 70cl bottle
Distribution - Maxxium Travel Retail
Beam Inc has launched the third expression in its travel-retail exclusive Laphroaig series.
Laphroaig An Cuan Mór is double-matured, first in American white oak Bourbon barrels and then in European oak casks. It follows Laphroaig QA Cask in April and Laphroaig PX Cask last year, all available through Maxxium Travel Retail.
Global spirits company, Beam Inc in collaboration with distributor Maxxium Travel Retail launches channel-exclusive Laphroaig An Cuan Mór into European Travel Retail from September.
Laphroaig An Cuan Mór, which means The Big Ocean in Gaelic is double matured, first in individual 18 year old ex-American white oak Bourbon barrels, hand-chosen by the distillery manager for their exceptional flavour. The whisky is then carefully re-casked in the finest European Oak casks. The result is a fusion of distinctive peat flavours together with soft and spicy caramel tones from the American wood and burnt apricot and raisin notes from the European Oak. Each bottle is individually numbered to reflect its uniqueness. The Scotch whisky retails at €95 for a 70cl bottle and has an ABV of 48%.
This highly anticipated expression from the number one Islay Malt completes the series of three travel retail exclusives and follows the introduction of Laphroaig QA Cask in April this year and Laphroaig PX Cask in 2012. The trio is available through select customers, including World Duty Free Group, Heinemann and Aelia.
Beam’s EMEA travel retail business manager, Antony Kime, says: “Travel retail is an excellent environment to reach audiences on a global scale and encourage trial of innovative exclusive products. The first two Laphroaig expressions, PX Cask and QA Cask are already a resounding hit with both retailers and consumers. With MTR’s strong retail partnerships and solid presence across travel retail, An Cuan Mór is set to emulate this success and drive sales of the brand even further.”
The launch of Laphroaig An Cuan Mór will be communicated and also made available to the Friends of Laphroaig, an active on and offline community that links and rewards fans of Laphroaig (over 500,000 Friends worldwide), as well as whisky connoisseurs and Islay enthusiasts.
Maxxium Travel Retail managing director, Glen Williams says: “We are committed to adding value to the travel retail market as well as giving shoppers the chance to discover a world of new flavours. We anticipate a high level of engagement with this latest expression which will inevitably attract interest and drive purchase across the range.”
Original source: Company Release
The latest joint-report from just-drinks and The IWSR, published this week, looks at the non-scotch whisk(e)y category. Ben Cooper considers what the findings of this research mean for the smaller whi...
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research