Product Launch - US: Beam Inc's Jim Beam Jacob's Ghost
Click through to view Beam Inc's Jim Beam Jacob's Ghost
Beam Inc's Jim Beam Jacob's Ghost
Category - Spirits, whiskey, white, US, 40% abv
Available - From February, 2013
Location - US
Price - SRP of US$21.99 per 75cl bottle
Distribution - Beam Inc
Beam Inc has lined up the launch of Jacob's Ghost, a white whiskey that will join the company's flagship Jim Beam US whiskey portfolio.
The expression is a clear whiskey that has been aged for at least one year in a charred, white oak barrel.
Jacob's Ghost is named after Jim Beam's founding distiller, Jacob Beam, who began distilling white whiskey in 1795.
“While Jacob’s Ghost can be enjoyed neat, on the rocks or as a chilled shot, white whiskey is especially versatile in any number of traditional whiskey cocktails, creative new variations, or cocktails that are typically made with white spirits such as vodka or Tequila,” the company said.
To read just-drinks' two-part interview with Beam's president of Europe/Middle East/Africa (EMEA), Albert Baladi, click here.
In this month's management briefing, Ben Cooper looks at the alcoholic drinks industry's attempts to reduce alcohol harm and promote responsible consumption. Part one of this four-part briefing consid...
This is the second edition of our popular ranking of the world's leading spirits brands....
Changing demographics, growing economies, increased disposable income and the rise in international and business travel have all contributed to the burgeoning travel retail sector....
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- What's on the M&A cards for San Miguel Brewery?
- Comment - Wine - Not on the List
- Interview - PepsiCo chief scientific officer
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team
- First Drinks becomes William Grant UK
- Edrington to set up global Travel Retail team