AUS: Beam Inc unveils RTD party kegs as beer alternative
Click through to view Beam Australia's new party kegs
Beam Inc has launched two of its Australian RTDs in a five-litre keg format ahead of the summer events season.
The Jim Beam & Cola and Canadian Club & Dry 5-litre Party Kegs are 25cm tall and targeted at “social occasions in the high-trading summer period”, Beam's Australian subsidiary, Beam Global Australia, said late last week. They were launched on Saturday (1 September) and have an SRP of AUD54.99 (US$56.32).
Beam Global Australia brand director for Bourbon Ray Noble said they are an “alternative to a case of premium beer”.
The kegs can be stored in a fridge for 30 days after opening and need ten hours to chill, Beam said.
What do Bacardi, Diageo and Pernod Ricard have in common? Aside from the obvious, Ian Buxton proffers that they share the same problem when it comes to Bourbon, and that's their lack of it....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part II
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends