AUS: Beam Inc unveils RTD party kegs as beer alternative
Click through to view Beam Australia's new party kegs
Beam Inc has launched two of its Australian RTDs in a five-litre keg format ahead of the summer events season.
The Jim Beam & Cola and Canadian Club & Dry 5-litre Party Kegs are 25cm tall and targeted at “social occasions in the high-trading summer period”, Beam's Australian subsidiary, Beam Global Australia, said late last week. They were launched on Saturday (1 September) and have an SRP of AUD54.99 (US$56.32).
Beam Global Australia brand director for Bourbon Ray Noble said they are an “alternative to a case of premium beer”.
The kegs can be stored in a fridge for 30 days after opening and need ten hours to chill, Beam said.
What do Bacardi, Diageo and Pernod Ricard have in common? Aside from the obvious, Ian Buxton proffers that they share the same problem when it comes to Bourbon, and that's their lack of it....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- Diageo gets 2016 off to a strong start - Analysis
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- The US is "the first place I look" - Diageo CEO
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research