US: Beam Inc unveils online ads, redesign for Kilbeggan Whiskey
Beam Inc has rolled out a packaging overhaul and marketing campaign for its brand Kilbeggan Whiskey.
The print and digital campaign, which launched across the US last week, shows residents of Kilbeggan coming to terms with the spirit no longer being the “best-kept secret in whiskey”, Beam said. The series of six videos can be viewed on the brand's YouTube channel and Facebook pages.
The new packaging is meant to highlight the whiskey's 256-year heritage, the company said.
Beam took on the brand last February, when it acquired Ireland's Cooley Distillery for US$95m. Matt Shattock, BEam's CEO, identified Kilbeggan as a key Cooley brand for the future and added it to the company's "rising star" portfolio.
One of Beam's distribution partners claimed in a US court this month that Beam was tightening supplies of another Irish whiskey to help boost Kilbeggan's presence in the country. Beam has denied the claim.
Over the last 10 years RTD's as a category may not have grown at anywhere near the level it did between 1998 and 2003 but it has, nevertheless enjoyed steady global growth. This reality flies in the f...
Changing demographics, growing economies, increased disposable income and the rise in international and business travel have all contributed to the burgeoning travel retail sector....
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part IV
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Tequila set for export boost after record 2014