US: Beam Inc to open new distribution site next year
Beam Inc plans to build a major new spirits distribution centre in Kentucky.
Work on the 600,000 square-foot facility, in Franklin County, is expected to start late next month with completion due for the end of this year. The site is slated to open by March 2015 and employ around 60 people.
Total spend on the facility was not disclosed.
"With two-thirds of Beam's total spirits case volume being produced in Kentucky, having our new Beam long-term distribution facility in close proximity to our production will help us gain increased efficiencies in our supply chain," said David Hunter, Beam's vice president of global manufacturing.
Beam is likely to be under new owners by the time the site opens as Japanese group Suntory has agreed to acquire the Jim Beam producer for US$16bn, it was announced earlier this month.
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory