US: Beam Inc to build Kentucky distribution centre
Beam is investing again in Kentucky
Beam Inc has unveiled plans to build a new 600,000-square-foot distribution centre near its Kentucky bottling plant.
The Frankfort facility will open in early 2015 and deal exclusively in Beam's own-label brands, the company said yesterday (1 August). Total spend on the project has not been disclosed.
Beam said the centre will be “in close proximity” to its Frankfort production plant, which bottles more than 12m of the around 21m cases Beam produces each year. The centre will also double as a warehouse for Beam products before they are shipped to distributors and other partners for sale in the US and globally.
It will be managed by a third-party operator, to be chosen next year, Beam said.
David Hunter, Beam's VP of global manufacturing, said that since 2008 Beam’s volume at its Frankfort bottling plant has more than doubled, while two-thirds of Beam’s annual global volume is produced out of its Kentucky facilities.
The new facility is the latest Beam investment in Kentucky. Last month, the Maker's Mark producer opened a business centre in Louisville and last year cut the ribbon on an innovation centre, also in Louisville.
The third part of this month's management briefing, in which Euromonitor considers the year ahead for the global drinks industry, sees Jeremy Cunnington and Spiros Malandrakis look at the spirits cate...
Beam, as the world’s fourth largest international spirits company and seventh largest overall, should be in a strong position. In some ways it is, however, it suffers from a large proportion of its vo...
Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but something about Beam Inc's tie-up with actor Mila Kunis sits a little uncomfortably with me....
Just before January is out, Ian Buxton is here for his first comment piece of 2014, and he's keen to consider what the fist big M&A transacion of the year will mean in the Scotch whisky industry....
We've all had a chance to sleep on the big news from Monday, so how do things look in the clarity of the morning?...
What end of the M&A stick is Stock Spirits holding? Will we see the company making buys this year, or will it be bought itself?...
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- Diageo readies "not quite as sincere" Scotch
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review