INDIA: Beam Inc promotes whisky lines at Delhi airport
Beam Inc is targeting Dehli's travellers
Beam Inc has launched gift promotions on a range of its whisky brands at Delhi's international airport.
Travellers will receive a free Sheaffer pen when they buy two bottles of Teacher's Highland Single Malt. They will also get a backpack on every purchase of two bottles of Teacher's Origin and a set of whisky glasses with two bottles of Teacher's Highland Cream.
The airport promotion, in conjunction with Delhi Duty Free at Indira Gandhi International Airport, also includes a Laphroaig travel bag with each purchase of Laphroaig 18-year-old.
“All our efforts in building Teacher’s as a brand have been concentrated in bringing it closer to its target group,” said Harish Moolchandani, CEO & MD of Beam India & ISC. “The brand has, today, grown to a pre-eminent position in India and hence the utilisation of the GTR [Global Travel Retail] is imminent.”
The promotion started earlier this month and follows the launch in January of Teacher's RTD in India, the country's first Scotch-based RTD variant.
In December, the company released Teacher’s 25-Year-Old Blended and Teacher’s Highland Single Malt from Ardmore in India.
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018