INDIA: Beam Inc promotes whisky lines at Delhi airport
Beam Inc is targeting Dehli's travellers
Beam Inc has launched gift promotions on a range of its whisky brands at Delhi's international airport.
Travellers will receive a free Sheaffer pen when they buy two bottles of Teacher's Highland Single Malt. They will also get a backpack on every purchase of two bottles of Teacher's Origin and a set of whisky glasses with two bottles of Teacher's Highland Cream.
The airport promotion, in conjunction with Delhi Duty Free at Indira Gandhi International Airport, also includes a Laphroaig travel bag with each purchase of Laphroaig 18-year-old.
“All our efforts in building Teacher’s as a brand have been concentrated in bringing it closer to its target group,” said Harish Moolchandani, CEO & MD of Beam India & ISC. “The brand has, today, grown to a pre-eminent position in India and hence the utilisation of the GTR [Global Travel Retail] is imminent.”
The promotion started earlier this month and follows the launch in January of Teacher's RTD in India, the country's first Scotch-based RTD variant.
In December, the company released Teacher’s 25-Year-Old Blended and Teacher’s Highland Single Malt from Ardmore in India.
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends