US: Beam Inc links with Justin Timberlake on Tequila re-brand
901 Tequila has been rebranded Sauza 901 in a partnership between Beam Inc and Justin Timberlake
Beam Inc has joined forces with Justin Timberlake to rebrand 901 Tequila, which was launched by the musician and actor four years ago.
Sauza 901, a triple-distilled 100% agave Tequila, is being released in “select” US markets initially with an SRP of US$29.99. The brand will also be rolled out internationally “over time”, the company said.
Timberlake previously launched 901 in 2009 with Destileria Santa Lucia producing the spirit.
Bill Newlands, Beams’ North America president said he believed Sauza 901 will “challenge industry norms and transform the way people think about Tequila”.
The brand is being billed as a co-creation between Timberlake and Beam. Timberlake said: "My love for Tequila began a few years ago after I visited the Tequila heartland of Jalisco, Mexico, and saw the passion and craftsmanship that goes into every bottle.
He added: “That trip inspired me to create 901, and I'm thrilled to partner with Sauza so we can continue to bring the world 901."
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read comment pieces written by our regular columnists on j...
Beam Suntory has said it will "vigorously" fight a lawsuit that accuses the firm of false advertising over its Maker's Mark Bourbon brand. ...
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends