US: Beam Inc leaps aboard Southern Wine & Spirits new Washington unit
Beam has signed a long-term, exclusive distribution deal with Southern Wine & Spirits (SWS) in Washington, it said today (31 January). It means that SWS is now the Jim Beam Bourbon distiller's sole distributor in 29 US states, making it the firm's biggest distribution partner.
The deal comes 24 hours after Pernod Ricard announced that it, too, will see its brands distributed by SWS in Washington. Pernod's agreement will take effect from 1 March. Beam's agreement will take effect from the same date for the on-premise and from 1 June for the off-premise.
Both drinks firms' moves coincide with the privatisation of Washington’s alcoholic drinks market. They already use SWS as a broker there.
SWS' COO and president, Wayne Chaplin, said: “We have made a tremendous investment in the state in terms of new warehousing, technology and people resources."
Beam's president for North America, Bill Newlands, added: “Working together, year over year we’ve achieved significant growth."
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends